A narrative-focused artist, Rasha Nahas sound has become increasingly popular both abroad, and in the Palestinian indie scene, with her mesmerising theatrical-poetic rock that is as catchy as it is introspective.
Following her critically acclaimed debut release‘ Desert’, her second/sophomore studio album ‘Amrat’, touches a sweet spot between contemporary electronica and the rawness of the old-school, singer-songwriter era. Rasha’s sound is now more defined than ever, and the album marks Nahas’ first body of work in Arabic language.
‘Amrat’ is a two chapter album, the first chapter born in city streets, immersed in a bittersweet melancholy and the cruel alienation of exile and heavily features electronic music compositions and synth loops. Meanwhile, chapter two is an anthology of songs inspired by rural scenery. With classical guitars at the core, Nahas’ signature songwriting is enveloped by tender vocalisation and a constellation of percussion that journeys across West Asia, North Africa, via Andalusia, and back to Berlin.
Driven by candid lyrics and disarming vulnerability, Rasha is well known for her captivating, unapologetic energy and striking live performances. Nahas will be leading with guitar and vocals in a trio format, accompanied by Altair Chagué (Drums) and Jelmer de Haan (bass).
ADDITIONAL INFOS TO THE SHOW:
– Rasha will be selling merchandise (Vinyl and CDs) at the show. Card and cash accepted.
– This event is 18+ and ID may be requested
– This is a standing show.
– Please email the Water Rats on ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ for accessibility queries as the venue is only partially accessible.
– The event finishes at 23:00, the bar will be open until midnight.
– The is no cloakroom available